The do’s …
1. Always answer your communications-emails and voice messages-promptly.
2. Make the information that your customers want easily available to them.
3. Treat every customer like a completely precious individual.
4. Cultivate an environment in your business where each employee takes responsibility for your customers.
5. Every so often, make an outrageous, extravagant effort to serve a customer.
… and the dont’s:
1. Ever break your promises.
2. Make things overly complicated for your customer.
3. Let your automated systems make using your website or business difficult for your customers.
4. Forget that your customers have a strong sense of fair play.
5. Forget to say “thank you!”
More on this interesting topics on http://blogs.sitepoint.com/outstanding-customer-service/